TF4582 : St.Oswald's nave

taken 5 months ago, near to Strubby, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

St.Oswald's nave
St.Oswald's nave
View east in St.Oswald's church
St Oswald's church, Strubby

Grade II* listed.

A church originally from circa 1300, with chancel, a 4 bay nave and south aisle, rebuilt in 1856-7 (except chancel) by Maughan & Fowler and again in 1874 by Ewan Christian. There was originally an oak framed tower, which became unsafe and was demolished, replaced with a bellcote and spirelet.
The east window is early 14th C. there is also a worn effigy from that time, and the south aisle and font date from 15th C.
There are several fine medieval Poppy-head bench ends.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Croft and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF4582, 27 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 7 September, 2019   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 12 September, 2019
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Religious sites 
Place (from Tags)
Strubby 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 4528 8257 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:19.2076N 0:10.7749E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 4526 8257
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Church Interior  Church  Grade II(star) Listed  Nave 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): inside 
This page has been viewed about 11 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register