TQ1570 : Bushy House, Bushy Park, Hampton

taken 4 years ago, near to Teddington, Richmond Upon Thames, Great Britain

Bushy House, Bushy Park, Hampton
Bushy House, Bushy Park, Hampton
Bushy House was built in 1663 by William Samwell for Edward Proger, as the lodge of the Ranger of Bushy Park. (Proger had been made Ranger of Bushy Park to reward him for his loyalty to Charles II during his exile.)
It was rebuilt by Charles Montagu, 1st Earl of Halifax in 1714-1715.
In 1797 King George III appointed his son, William, Duke of Clarence, as Ranger of Bushy Park. William (later King William IV) lived at Bushy House, first with his mistress Dorothy Jordan and their ten children and then with his wife Princess Adelaide.
This Grade II* listed building is now part of the National Physical Laboratory.

See other images of Bushy House
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright habiloid and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ1570, 97 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 30 October, 2018   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 17 November, 2019
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Park and Public Gardens 
Primary Subject of Photo
Historic Building 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 155 703 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:25.2127N 0:20.3591W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 155 701
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 12 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register