NS1655 : Cathedral of The Isles - Millport, Isle of Cumbrae

taken 25 days ago, near to Millport, North Ayrshire, Great Britain

Cathedral of The Isles - Millport, Isle of Cumbrae
Cathedral of The Isles - Millport, Isle of Cumbrae
George Frederick Boyle, the 6th Earl of Glasgow was benefactor of the cathedral and he commissioned William Butterfield to design the building. Construction started in 1849 and the cathedral opened in 1851.

Category A Listed Building.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Raibeart MacAoidh and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS1655, 180 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 17 November, 2019   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 17 November, 2019
Geographical Context
Religious sites  Islands 
Primary Subject of Photo
Cathedral 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 1658 5524 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:45.3395N 4:55.4684W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 1651 5519
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 28 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register