NS6168 : Clock Tower, Stobhill Hospital, Springburn
taken 18 years ago, near to Springburn, Glasgow, Scotland
Clock Tower, Stobhill Hospital, Springburn
The hospital was designed by the architects Thomson & Sandilands and opened in 1904. Stobhill was built by the Parish of Glasgow to meet the increasing need for hospital accommodation for the city's sick poor. For many years it carried the stigma of being a hospital for paupers, and the birth certificates of babies born there only recorded the address and not the name of the hospital.
Geograph (First for NS6168)
· First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed