NO4900 : Elie church

taken 1 month ago, near to Elie, Fife, Great Britain

This is 1 of 5 images, with title Elie church in this square
Elie church
Elie church
The church was opened for worship on 17 April 1639. The steeple was not part of the original church but was added in 1726 and is a curiosity in that it has only three faces. There being no houses to the north of the church at the time there was no need to place a clock on that side!
In 2009 Elie church joined with Colinsburgh and Kilconquhar Churches and its official name is now the East Neuk Trinity Church and was also linked with St Monans church in 2017.
See Elie and Earlsferry article Link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Bill Kasman and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NO4900, 153 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 14 December, 2019   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 16 December, 2019
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 4915 0009 [10m precision]
WGS84: 56:11.4421N 2:49.2563W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 49161 00074
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Elie and Earlsferry  Elie Church  Elie Parish Church  East Neuk Trinity Church 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 8 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register