SD3348 : The Parish Church of St Peter, Fleetwood

taken 17 days ago, near to Fleetwood, Lancashire, Great Britain

The Parish Church of St Peter, Fleetwood
The Parish Church of St Peter, Fleetwood
This large church stands on a raised piece of land at the junction of North Albert Street with Lord Street in the town centre; a point known as Albert Square. It is surrounded by an iron palisade, it is constructed of grey rock-faced stone with red sandstone ashlar dressings.

St Peter's Church was built in 183941 and consecrated in 1841. The church was enlarged in 1860 and again in 1883. The church was originally built with a spire but this was removed ca.1904 when it became unsafe. It is Grade II listed (Historic England List Entry Number: 1072393 LinkExternal link (Archive LinkExternal link ) .
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD3348, 494 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 1 February, 2020   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 7 February, 2020
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Religious sites  City, Town centre 
Camera (from Tags)
Panasonic DC-G9 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 338 480 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:55.4385N 3:0.5645W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 338 480
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 5 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register