SD3548 : The Parish Church of St Oswald, Preesall

taken 16 days ago, near to Knott End-on-Sea, Lancashire, Great Britain

The Parish Church of St Oswald, Preesall
The Parish Church of St Oswald, Preesall
St Oswald's Church was designed by Hubert Austin in 1896 and building of the church was completed in 1899. It was originally a chapel of ease to St James' Church at nearby Stalmine.

St Oswald's is designated as a Grade II listed building as a building that is "nationally important and of special interest" (Historic England List Entry Number: 1361844 LinkExternal link ).

There is a square-plan bellcote with a short spire at the western end of the building.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD3548, 78 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 2 February, 2020   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 8 February, 2020
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites 
Camera (from Tags)
Panasonic DC-G9 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 359 483 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:55.6325N 2:58.6320W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 359 482
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Nineteenth Century  19th Century  Victorian  Place of Religious Worship  Church  Anglican  Church of England  Parish Church  Bellcote  Spire 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 6 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register