SE2433 : Site of Holy Trinity church, Hough End

taken 2 years ago, near to Pudsey, Leeds, Great Britain

Site of Holy Trinity church, Hough End
Site of Holy Trinity church, Hough End
Holy Trinity was built in 1866 as a mission chapel of St Peter, Bramley. In 1950 its district was transferred by Order in Council to the parish of St Michael, Farnley, but it closed in 1957 and was demolished to make way for the Leeds Ring Road as seen here - the building was where the embankment is to the right of the bus shelter. The Binns organ (made locally in Bramley) was moved to the kirk at Newtown St Boswell's, Roxburghshire NT5831 : Newtown Church.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Craven and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE2433, 145 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 24 May, 2020   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 27 May, 2020
Geographical Context
Roads, Road transport 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 2461 3367 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:47.9254N 1:37.6710W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 2459 3364
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Site of Demolished Church  Leeds Ring Road 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 25 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register