NO5016 : Ruins of Blackfriars Chapel

taken 1 year ago, near to St Andrews, Fife, Great Britain

Ruins of Blackfriars Chapel
Ruins of Blackfriars Chapel
Blackfriars is the modern name for the Dominican friary of St Mary which existed here in St Andrews in the later Middle Ages. It is also the name given to this ruined chapel in the grounds of Madras College.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright James Allan and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NO5016, 419 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 12 July, 2019   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 30 May, 2020
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Religious sites  Roads, Road transport  City, Town centre 
Primary Subject of Photo
Chapel 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 5076 1655 [10m precision]
WGS84: 56:20.3243N 2:47.8843W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 5074 1652
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Fife  St Andrews  Madras College 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 5 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register