SE2839 : Valves west of Seven Arches aqueduct

taken 1 year ago, near to Chapel Allerton, Leeds, Great Britain

Valves west of Seven Arches aqueduct
Valves west of Seven Arches aqueduct
Less substantial than the installation at the upstream end SE2839 : Water control structures east of Seven Arches aqueduct.
Seven Arches aqueduct, Scotland Wood

Seven Arches is the local name for this former aqueduct over Adel Beck, in Scotland Wood about 800m north of the Leeds ring road. It was designed by George Leather for the Leeds Water Works Company and built 1841-42 to supply water from the newly built Eccup reservoir to the centre of Leeds. By 1866 it had insufficient capacity for the growing city and was replaced by the first of now several water mains. It is now listed grade II (list entry 1256089).

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Craven and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE2839, 73 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 5 July, 2020   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 9 July, 2020
Geographical Context
Water resources 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 2861 3936 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:50.9816N 1:33.9958W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 2861 3936
View Direction
Southeast (about 135 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Water Valve Chambers 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 12 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register