TF2669 : Old Court House, 1 Louth Road, Horncastle

taken 10 years ago, near to Horncastle, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

Old Court House, 1 Louth Road, Horncastle
Old Court House, 1 Louth Road, Horncastle
Grade II Listed courthouse built in 1865. It was built to the designs of Charles Reeves, the first Surveyor of County Courts on the site of the Parish Stocks. In 1919 Kelly's described it as 'containing the usual offices; the meetings of the Commissioners of Taxes and the County Court are held here'. The removal of 20th century intrusions in 2015 exposed much of the original 19th century internal features. Formerly a job centre and now flats it was subject of a programme of historic building recording, completed in November 2016, before the proposed change of use and alterations to flats to Ettridge Architecture's design.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jo Turner and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF2669, 306 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 17 April, 2011   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 18 October, 2020
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Housing, Dwellings  City, Town centre 
Primary Subject of Photo
Court (Law) 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 2604 6983 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:12.6358N 0:6.8473W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 2605 6982
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 9 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register