1968

NZ4920 : Marton Road, Middlesbrough 1968

taken 56 years ago, near to Middlesbrough, England

Marton Road, Middlesbrough  1968
Marton Road, Middlesbrough 1968
At that time a main layover point for buses terminating at the Royal Exchange (its corner just visible on the right) or bus station. Both have disappeared under the modern A66, and this section of Marton Road is now a backwater, renamed Exchange Square Link .

Middlesbrough Corporation bus 96 is a Guy Arab IV with Northern Counties body, new in 1957. Two features of note are the separate upper row of 'standee' windows to the lower deck, and the use by the operator of route letters rather than numbers.

This is one of a series of views featuring buses in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Link

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Alan Murray-Rust and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Geographical Context: Historic sites and artefacts Roads, Road transport City, Town centre other tags: Urban Street Bus Terminus Double Decker Bus Click a tag, to view other nearby images.
This photo is linked from: Automatic Clusters: · Corporation Road [20] · Corner [7] · Viewed from Corporation [5] ·
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
NZ4920, 349 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
Alan Murray-Rust   (more nearby)
Date Taken
31 March 1968   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 16 April, 2021
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 4962 2064 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:34.7125N 1:14.0317W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 4959 2063
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image Type (about): geograph  · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 77 times
You are not logged in login | register