NT7045 : The old Prison at Greenlaw Church

taken 2 months ago, near to Greenlaw, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

The old Prison at Greenlaw Church
The old Prison at Greenlaw Church
The present church was built here in 1675. A prison resembling a church tower was added by 1712 and was used until 1824. The tower house, town clock and church bell were provided by Thomas Broomfield about 1696.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jennifer Petrie and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT7045, 52 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 1 May, 2021   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 9 May, 2021
Geographical Context
Lowlands  Historic sites and artefacts  Village, Rural settlement  Religious sites  People, Events  Burial ground, Crematorium 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 7095 4599 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:42.3886N 2:27.8304W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 7096 4597
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): close look 
This page has been viewed about 4 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register