2005

SE1621 : The Old Corn Mill, Clifton

taken 19 years ago, near to Brighouse, Calderdale, England

This is 1 of 4 images, with title starting with The Old in this square
The Old Corn Mill, Clifton
The Old Corn Mill, Clifton
The Old Corn Mill (now a pub-restaurant-night club) is described as 'the old mill' in the charter during the reign of Henry II (1154-1189) granting land for Kirklees Priory. By late 19C it was also used by the Brearley family for cloth-fulling. The Dean family then ran the mill for 70 years, followed by the Fairburns (wire-drawing and card making). There were at one time two wheels, one for corn and one for fulling (later replaced by a turbine).

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Humphrey Bolton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Category: Restaurant
This photo is linked from: Articles: · Watermills Automatic Clusters: · Old Corn Mill [2] ·
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
SE1621, 61 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
Humphrey Bolton   (more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 19 September, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 22 October, 2005
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 169 219 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:41.5965N 1:44.7325W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 168 220
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 1427 times
You are not logged in login | register