2021
ST3847 : St Mark's Church
taken 5 years ago, near to Mark, Somerset, England

St Mark's Church
St Mark's Church was built in April 1268 as The Church of the Holy Cross. The name was changed to St Mark's Church in 1853, but changed back to The Church of the Holy Cross in 1939. In the Choir is a wooden sculpture of the Four Evangelists made by a sculptor named André in 1524 for St Salvator's Cathedral in Bruges, which was moved in 1794 to Mark. The tower was built around 1407. There is a 15th century market cross in the churchyard.
