TG2724 : Memorial to those who served at RAF Coltishall

taken 11 years ago, near to Scottow, Norfolk, Great Britain

Memorial to those who served at RAF Coltishall
Memorial to those who served at RAF Coltishall
From 1940 - 2006. On the edge of ex-RAF Coltishall (closed in 2006), surrounded by fields still accommodating the now redundant landing aids, ground was set aside by the Scottow Parish Council for burials from the station in 1939. Closed again in 1943 due to a shortage of space, nearly 60 casualties of various nationalities are commemorated on the site. After the war a Cross of Sacrifice was erected in the eastern section of the plot > TG2724 : Cross of Sacrifice. A tiny, brick-built cemetery chapel stands not far distant from the entrance > TG2724 : Cemetery chapel. A red light to alert aircraft to its existence is still affixed to its roof.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Evelyn Simak and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TG2724, 46 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 6 April, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 6 April, 2008
Category
Memorial > Memorial   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TG 276 240 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:45.9469N 1:22.3488E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TG 276 240
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 118 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register