2005

ND4678 : Muckle Skerry Lighthouse

taken 19 years ago, near to Scartan Bay [water Feature], Orkney Islands, Great Britain

This is 1 of 3 images, with title Muckle Skerry Lighthouse in this square
Muckle Skerry Lighthouse
Muckle Skerry Lighthouse
Muckle Skerry lighthouse seen from the perimeter wall. Completed in 1794, it was the first lighthouse built by Robert Stevenson and T Smith. It originally consisted of two light towers but this was changed to a more powerful single light in 1895. The main lighthouse is 36 metres high. It became automated in 1994.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright George Brown and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Category: Lighthouse
This photo is linked from: Galleries: · Lighthouses Automatic Clusters: · Muckle Skerry Lighthouse [5] · Light [2] Other Photos: · Muckle Skerry Title Clusters: · Muckle Skerry Lighthouse [3] ·
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
ND4678, 11 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
George Brown   (more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 14 May, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 7 April, 2008
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ND 464 784 [100m precision]
WGS84: 58:41.4023N 2:55.5817W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ND 463 784
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image classification(about): Geograph (First for ND4678) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 1046 times
You are not logged in login | register