2006

NY4228 : Old Boundary Marker near Penruddock Hall

taken 18 years ago, near to Motherby, Cumbria, England

Old Boundary Marker near Penruddock Hall
Old Boundary Marker near Penruddock Hall
Township Boundary Marker on the east side of the minor road south of Motherby, near Penruddock Hall and opposite water troughs. Until 1866 this was the boundary of Motherby and Gill and Hutton Soil townships, then Greystoke and Hutton Soil parishes until 1934, then Greystoke and Hutton parishes. Now entirely in Hutton parish. The plate is now missing.

Milestone Society National ID: CU_HUTT03pb

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Colin Smith and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Geographical Context: Historic sites and artefacts Boundary, Barrier Primary Subject: Boundary Milestoneid: CU HUTT03pb
This photo is linked from: Automatic Clusters: · Road [3] · Township Boundary Marker [2] ·
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
NY4228, 11 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
Colin Smith   (more nearby)
Contributed by
Milestone Society   (more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 31 October, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 20 August, 2023
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NY 42943 28195 [1m precision]
WGS84: 54:38.7372N 2:53.1409W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NY 42943 28195
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image Type (about): close look 
This page has been viewed about 7 times
You are not logged in login | register