2023
SH5638 : Madoc Yacht Club
taken 3 years ago, near to Porthmadog, Gwynedd, Wales
This is 1 of 3 images, with title Madoc Yacht Club in this square

Madoc Yacht Club
Madoc Yacht Club
The Grade II listed Link
Madoc Yacht Club was built in the mid nineteenth century probably partly as a house and the harbour office. The earliest section is probably the wing on the R-hand side, built in 1852 at the expense of David Williams of Deudraeth Castle, the upper storey of which housed a seamen's newsroom and library. By 1856 it subscribed to several newspapers and journals and had a library of 250 books. The whole building is shown on the 1871 Tremadog estate plan, 1885 harbour survey and 1888 Ordnance Survey. Later used as a Chapel and a mussel shed, the Yacht Club Link
has resided in the building since 1970 when it was bought from Tremadog Estate.
The Grade II listed Link
