NH7989 : Dornoch Cathedral: North wing

taken 3 months ago, near to Dornoch, Highland, Scotland

Dornoch Cathedral: North wing
Dornoch Cathedral: North wing

The north wing of the church houses the organ. The first organ was built by Eustace Ingram and given by Andrew Carnegie and installed in 1893 and opened in January 1894.It was the first organ installed in the county of Sutherland. It was enlarged and hydraulic power introduced in 1909 at a cost of 200 given by Andrew Carnegie. It was completely rebuilt by Nicholson & Co Ltd in 1979. A specification of the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register LinkExternal link

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Geographical Context: Religious sites Place: Dornoch Person: Eustace Ingram Andrew Carnegie Date: 1893 1909 1979 other tags: Cathedral Church of Scotland Church Interior Organ Pipe Organ Nicholson and Co Ltd Click a tag, to view other nearby images.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
NH7989, 327 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
Gerald England   (more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 11 April, 2024   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 1 June, 2024
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NH 7971 8970 [10m precision]
WGS84: 57:52.8296N 4:1.8055W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NH 7972 8969
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image Type (about): inside 
This page has been viewed about 9 times
You are not logged in login | register