SH5371 : Marquess of Anglesey's Column

taken 11 years ago, near to Llanfair Pwllgwyngyll, Isle of Anglesey/Sir Ynys Mon, Great Britain

Marquess of Anglesey's Column
Marquess of Anglesey's Column
The tower was finished in 1817, two years after the Battle of Waterloo. In 1860, the bronze statue of the 1st Marquess of Anglesey, William Henry Paget, was placed on the top of the tower. He was Wellington's second in command, and lost a leg at Waterloo.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Eirian Evans and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SH5371, 166 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 2 May, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 3 May, 2008
Category
Statues   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 5344 7159 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:13.2652N 4:11.7984W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 5344 7159
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 573 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register