SH5470 : Lion Statues at entrance to Britannia Bridge

taken 56 years ago, near to Vaynol Hall, Gwynedd, Great Britain

Lion Statues at entrance to Britannia Bridge
Lion Statues at entrance to Britannia Bridge
The original tubular railway bridge, between Bangor and Anglesey, was designed by Robert Stephenson and opened in 1850. It was destroyed by fire in 1970 and rebuilt to carry both rail and road traffic. This photograph shows the Lions guarding the entrance to the old bridge, viewed from the Bangor side before the fire.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Angus McCulloch and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SH5470, 123 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
1966   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 25 May, 2008
Category
Railway bridge   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 543 708 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:12.8698N 4:11.0053W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 543 708
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 1204 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register