TA0928 : Humber Dock, Kingston upon Hull
taken 2 months ago, near to Kingston Upon Hull, England

The dock was formally opened on 30 June 1809. The cost of construction was split between the Dock Company, the Hull Corporation and Hull Trinity House. Humber Dock closed in 1968, re-opening in 1983 as Hull Marina. Further information in Wikipedia: Link
![]()
Hull Marina provides moorings for pleasure boats, former working craft such as keels and barges, and training vessels. It was opened in 1983 on the site of the redundant Railway Dock and Humber Dock, both of which had closed in 1968. The two docks are separated by a bascule pedestrian bridge which is raised to allow access for craft. The former Spurn lightship is moored in the marina as a museum. Further information in Wikipedia: Link
