TL6030 : Thaxted Almshouses

taken 12 years ago, near to Thaxted, Essex, Great Britain

This is 1 of 2 images, with title Thaxted Almshouses in this square
Thaxted Almshouses
Thaxted Almshouses
Single storey almshouses by St.John the Baptist's church with John Webb's windmill in the distance

The thatched building is known as The Chantry and was a priest's house until 1589 when it was converted to four almshouses.

The tiled row was originally built in the early 18th century as 8 dwellings, though converted in 1975 into three.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Croft and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TL6030, 61 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 8 June, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 15 June, 2008
Category
Almshouses   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 609 309 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:57.2192N 0:20.4708E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 609 309
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 154 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register