O0975 : St. Laurence Street, Drogheda

taken 52 years ago, near to Drogheda, Moneymore and Newtown, Louth, Ireland

St. Laurence Street, Drogheda
St. Laurence Street, Drogheda
Looking east towards the 13th-century St. Laurence's Gate. On the left is Lord Chief Justice Singleton's house which was built in the 1730s and which later, until 1976, formed part of the Drogheda Grammar School. Demolished in July 1989 in controversial circumstances. Replica facade was recently rebuilt as part of the St. Laurence Town-Centre, although it lacks the Virginia Creeper. The car in the foreground is an Austin 1100.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Kieran Campbell and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
O0975, 48 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
4 May 1970   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 12 July, 2008
Category
Street scene   (more nearby)
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! O 0916 7527 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:42.9509N 6:20.8398W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! O 0907 7523
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Third Visitor for O0975) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 399 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register