SJ9223 : Chapel of St Bertelin, Stafford

taken 11 years ago, near to Stafford, Staffordshire, Great Britain

Chapel of St Bertelin, Stafford
Chapel of St Bertelin, Stafford
Work in the churchyard of the Collegiate Church of St Mary in 1954 found the ruins of a small Saxon two cell church, beneath which was buried the remains of an ancient wooden preaching cross amid traces of an earlier wooden Church.
The site is believed to be where St Bertelin, who some consider to be the founder of Stafford, built his chantry chapel in the C8th.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Simon Huguet and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ9223, 419 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 2 August, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 3 August, 2008
Category
Church (ruined)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 921 232 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:48.3883N 2:7.1179W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 920 231
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 238 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register