SM9828 : Beulah Baptist chapel

taken 10 years ago, near to Little Newcastle, Pembrokeshire/Sir Benfro, Great Britain

Beulah Baptist chapel
Beulah Baptist chapel
This isolated chapel was originally built in 1808 but rebuilt in 1910 which seems to account for the unusual style of its frontage. It stands beside the Afon Anghof half a mile south of Casnewydd Bach, with paths leading from the direction of both Sealyham and Puncheston. Also beside it stand the intact, sturdy stanchions of a former railway bridge that once carried the North Pembrokeshire line along the valley: sermons must at one time have been interrupted by the occasional rattle of a passing train.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright ceridwen and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SM9828, 54 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 12 September, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 14 September, 2008
Category
Chapel   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SM 981 284 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:55.0780N 4:56.2348W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SM 981 284
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 98 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register