NT2573 : The City Chambers Edinburgh

taken 12 years ago, near to Edinburgh, Great Britain

The  City Chambers  Edinburgh
The City Chambers Edinburgh
The original architect was the famous John Adam and the building was completed in 1761 but has suffered many alterations since. The City of Edinburgh Council now convene here.On the north side there are many stories descending to Cockburn Street in the rear of the building. Also 'ghost tours' take parties to Mary King's Close, a section of the town buried beneath the building in the 16th century following an outbreak of the plague. The photo is from atop the mercat cross from where proclamations are read.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright ronnie leask and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2573, 5684 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 27 September, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 1 October, 2008
Category
Offices > Council offices   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 258 737 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:57.0349N 3:11.3672W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 258 736
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 147 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register