Holy Trinity, Llandudno :: Shared Description

Holy Trinity Church was opened on Wednesday 5th July 1865 having been built by architect George Felton on land donated by Lady Augusta Mostyn. It was not finally consecrated until 1874. The first of 16 stained glass windows was installed in 1875.The tower was completed in 1892 and the following year a peal of eight bells by John Taylor of Loughborough was installed. In 1899 following a suicide on the premises the church was re-consecrated by the Bishop of Bangor. In 1923 the then vestry was demolished to make way for the Memorial Chapel. A new organ was installed in 1926 and the chancel extended in 1932. The church bells were fully restored in 2002. The church celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2015.

Church website: LinkExternal link
by Gerald England
More nearby... Related descriptions Selection is automatic and approximate, it might not always select closely matching descriptions

41 images use this description. Preview sample shown below:

SH7882 : Vestry Window by Gerald England
SH7882 : Gull at Holy Trinity by Gerald England
SH7882 : Holy Trinity Church by David Dixon
SH7882 : Memorial Chapel stained glass: left panel by Gerald England
SH7882 : The Carved Angel by Gerald England
SH7882 : Holy Trinity organ and pulpit by Gerald England
SH7882 : Holy Trinity Church by David Dixon
SH7882 : The Nave of Holy Trinity Church, Llandudno by Jeff Buck
SH7882 : 150th Anniversary church banner by Gerald England
SH7882 : Holy Trinity organ by Gerald England
SH7882 : Lady Augusta Mostyn: painting detail by Gerald England
SH7882 : Jesus with Mary and Martha by Gerald England
SH7882 : The Church & Freemasonry in Early Llandudno by Gerald England
SH7882 : Inside Holy Trinity by Gerald England
SH7882 : Stained glass in the chancel (4 of 5) by Gerald England
SH7882 : Holy Trinity Font by Gerald England
SH7882 : Holy Trinity Church, Llandudno by Jeff Buck
SH7882 : Lady Augusta Mostyn by Gerald England
SH7882 : Memorial Chapel stained glass: right panel by Gerald England
SH7882 : Baptistery Window by Gerald England
SH7882 : Holy Trinity Church by David Dixon
SH7882 : Holy Trinity Church, Llandudno by Jeff Buck
SH7882 : Stained glass in the chancel (5 of 5) by Gerald England
SH7882 : West Window by Gerald England
SH7882 : Holy Trinity, Llandudno by Gerald England

... and 16 more images.

These Shared Descriptions are common to multiple images. For example, you can create a generic description for an object shown in a photo, and reuse the description on all photos of the object. All descriptions are public and shared between contributors, i.e. you can reuse a description created by others, just as they can use yours.
Created: Wed, 21 Oct 2015, Updated: Wed, 21 Oct 2015

The 'Shared Description' text on this page is Copyright 2015 Gerald England, however it is specifically licensed so that contributors can reuse it on their own images without restriction.

You are not logged in login | register